Project Management Institute – known as PMI offered both types of certifications PMP and PMI-ACP. To qualify both of these credentials, the candidates should have to earn education hours, experience in project management and must pass the examination related to certification.
There is a significant difference between both types of certification is that, PMP is one of the broad spectrum credentials that covers more aspects of both agile and traditional project management. Spontaneously, PMI-ACP is the type of certification which is only defined for agile project management.
On the other hand, the examination process of the PMP exam is much broader as compared to the PMI-ACP exam.
PMP Eligibility Criteria
According to the PMI guidelines, both tests have their own requirements. Which are given below:
Academic Requirement for PMP certification
Four year degree, High school diploma, an equivalent qualification, associate degree require.
About 60 months of work experience is required in related leading projects. But in case you have a 4 year degree, the required work experience will be 36 months.
About 35 hours of training in project management is required for PMP certification. If you have active CAPM certification, then you do not require any training at all.
PMI-ACP Eligibility Criteria
No academic Requirement is outlined by PMI for this certification.
- It requires general project management work experience of about 2000 hours.
- 1500 hours of working experience with Agile teams and Agile methodology.
About 21 hours of Agile practice is required for PMI-ACP certification from a Legal Training partner.
Course content for PMP exam certification preparation
- The exam of this certification is mostly based on the PMBOK® Guide. Besides, you can get help from various project management topics.
- It requires a few months to completely prepare for the exam.
- You can give practice exam tests for final exam preparation.
Course content for PMI-ACP exam certification preparation
This exam preparation is based on good Agile practices. The preparation time for this exam is not as much as PMP certification preparation. But it only requires a few weeks. There is also practice test recommendation.
PMP vs PMI ACP Exam Pattern
PMI designed exams to find out the skills and knowledge of you in related courses. In this way, you should know the exam pattern before starting. The PMP exam comprises 180 questions, which are divided as MCQs, matching answers, fill in the blanks and hot spot questions. 230 minutes are required for this exam. The candidate will be observed physically and online while taking the exam.
The PMI-ACP exam comprises 120 questions, which you have to complete in the given time of 180 minutes. The questionnaire consists of only MCQs and this exam is an online proctored system.
Exam Cost of PMI-ACP vs PMP
If you want to qualify for the PMI-ACP and PMP exam , then you need to submit the fixed exam fee. The exam fee of PMI-ACP is quite less than PMP. But there is a discount offer on exam fee for PMI members. The fee of both exams depends on the exact location. So you can check the fee procedure and amount on the official PMI page.
PMP vs PMI ACP Responsibilities
There is a factor that impacts on the decision that which one certification will better suit you for your current job role. One should know that Project management follows agile practices found in PMP and PMI-ACP Certification courses. The job roles of these two are a little bit different.
PMP job responsibilities:
- It majorly focus on the Project Leadership
- To coordinate between various teams and employees working on various projects.
- Updating stakeholders and encounter projects goals
- Finding out of problems and resolving issues in projects.
PMI-ACP job responsibilities:
- Mainly focus on implementation of Agile methodologies.
- Interacting with mentors, coaches and team to improve the performance of team
- Leading and transformation of Agile processes
- Team management to make sure that the results are according to the Agile processes
PMP vs PMI ACP: Salary
PMP-certified professional Salary
If you achieve this certification, you will have a great hike in your salary. The exact salary depends on the location of your job and responsibilities.
PMI-ACP certified professional Salary
By this certification, you will earn a significant salary as compared to those who don’t possess this certification. According to estimation, the median salary is $116000.